Regional Qualifier Format
The event format is a two-person modified best ball (shamble). Each player hits a tee-shot, the team selects the best tee-shot and each player plays their own ball from that point until it is holed. The lower of the two scores, is the team score for the hole.
There will be a Gross and Net Division at each Regional Qualifier. Teams must declare which of the two divisions they would like to compete in upon registration. To compete in the Net Division, each team participant must provide a verifiable USGA handicap. 50% of the Handicap Index will be used to calculate the course handicap for players in the Net Division.
Regional Team Entry Fee Includes
- 18 holes with cart
- Practice balls prior to play
- Yardage guide, divot repair tool, metal bag tag (Where available)
- On-course contests (longest drive & closest to the pin)
- $10 prize fund per player
- Troon Rewards points for entry fee
- Post-tournament awards reception
- 2 sleeves of Callaway Speed Regime 3 golf balls per player
- Official Imperial Troon Challenge Hat
- Teams can be comprised of two men, two women, or one man/one woman
- Teams may enter multiple Regional Qualifier events to try to qualify for the Finals
- Men will play approximate yardage of 6600 yards
- Women will play approximate yardage of 5200 yards
- Please note that the Troon Challenge is for amateurs only. Active PGA members or other golf professionals are not eligible to play.
A minimum of one team in both the Gross and Net Divisions at all Regional Qualifiers will qualify for the 2014 Troon Challenge National Finals at Troon North Golf Club!
2014 Troon Challenge National Finals
- 36-Holes, Saturday & Sunday, August 23-24, 2014.
- Prizes at the finals include award winning Callaway Golf products, Troon Cards and merchandise.
- An additional fee of $285 per team will be required to participate in the finals. Qualifiers will need to secure their own transportation and accommodations.