Regional Qualifier Format
The event format is a two-person modified best ball (shamble). Each player hits a tee-shot, the team selects the best tee-shot and each player plays their own ball from that point until it is holed. The lower of the two scores, is the team score for the hole.
There will be a Gross and Net Division at each Regional Qualifier. Teams must declare which of the two divisions they would like to compete in upon registration. To compete in the Net Division, each team participant must provide a verifiable USGA handicap. 50% of the Handicap Index will be used to calculate the course handicap for players in the Net Division.
Regional Team Entry Fee Includes
- 18 holes with cart
- Practice balls prior to play
- Yardage guide, divot repair tool, metal bag tag (Where available)
- 2 sleeves of Callaway HEX Black Tour golf balls per player
- $10 prize fund per player
- On-course contests (longest drive & closest to the pin)
- Troon Rewards points for entry fee
- Tournament awards reception after completion of play
- Teams can be comprised of two men, two women, or one man/one woman
- Teams may enter multiple Regional Qualifier events to try to qualify for the Finals
- Men will play approximate yardage of 6600 yards
- Women will play approximate yardage of 5200 yards
- Please note that the Troon Challenge is for amateurs only. Active PGA members or other golf professionals are not eligible to play.
A minimum of one team from each division at all Regional Qualifiers will qualify for the Troon Challenge Finals.